moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

Peter Cook

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 05:50 PM, ro-esp wrote:
If people WANT followed threads AND special notices, they should have that option.
But her point is that that's not how it works - if someone is set to Special Notices Only, they get, well, special notices only. If they want more than special notices, they use individual, digest, or summary.

I agree that it makes sense for the Email Delivery setting to determine the available options for Message Selection and Replies under advanced settings. And since these settings all work in concert to determine message delivery, I'd put them together. (Which leaves Max Attachment Size sort of hanging out by itself.)

I have to admit, I was pretty confused about the relationship between all of those settings and the actual delivery until someone on GMF set me straight.

Pete