moderated Re: Disallow concurrent "special notices" and "following only" #suggestion #bug

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 02:50 PM, ro-esp wrote:
I think that's the wrong way to go about. If people WANT followed threads AND special notices, they should have that option.
And they would have that. "Following Only" will set them to receive all messages, special notices or otherwise, whose threads they are following, as long as they have any of the other three "delivery methods" (using the term loosely) besides Special Notices. If they continie to be  allowed to be both Special Notices and Following Only, they will receive messages *only* from Special Notices whose threads they are following.

I've just announced this problem to my group and have gone in manually and changed everyone who had this ill-fated combination to Individual Messages, leaving their Following Only settings intact. But it should not be necessary for group owners to do that.

I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I am right.