moderated Re: Periods in subgroup name? #bug

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 5:37 PM Christos G. Psarras <christos@...> wrote:
Yeah, there's a disconnect somewhere:

1. In the main/subgroup settings screen, It implies the same rules apply for either naming a main or a subgroup, the blurb displays the same: "no spaces, pluses, slashes, or underscores"; no period is mentioned.
2. The code will not let you use a period while naming a main group, and the Owner manual also states periods not allowed.
3. The code will let you use a period while naming a subgroup, but the Owner manual states periods not allowed.

The code is correct, the description wasn't. I've changed the help text on the group settings page so that it no longer says periods are not allowed for subgroup names.

We don't allow periods for main group names because main group names are used as subdomains when you add subgroups, and subdomains cannot have periods in them.

Thanks,
MarkĀ