moderated Re: Periods in subgroup name? #bug

Bob Bellizzi

But then again, since  it is documented as unacceptable, an ambitious coder might just "fix the error" because it  is technically an error.
I had a programmer at HP years ago who decided to rewrite the computer to computer code for their 1st timeshare system because,
as he said when we happened  to be at the same lunch table: "jeez, the code was sloppy and wasteful and I simply decided  to clean it up."
I asked if it was part of a change order, he said no. I said, "GOTTA GO" because Bill Hewlett just personally chewed me out about all of the hung up time share systems owners who where complaining about systems locking  up.  I was in charge of  the  front end code and hardware and it looked like that was the obvious problem.

--

Bob Bellizzi