From: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io> on behalf of Duane <txpigeon@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 3:05 PM
To: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io>
Subject: [beta] Periods in subgroup name? #bug

Someone on GMF reported creating a subgroup with periods in the name (e.g. my.sub.group).  I was about to say that they couldn't, so had to test and found that they seem to work.  The documentation says they're not acceptable, https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/using-subgroups/creating-a-subgroup  Does this only apply to main groups?  I'd like clarification on which is correct for subgroups.  It may not really be a bug, just an undocumented feature!