moderated Re: Poll participation by non-account holders #suggestion

Duane

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 12:15 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
At first blush, Bruce's proposal makes sense to me, although I'd just add one change: just make the Vote Now link work the same way as an 'email me a login link' works now. It would automatically log you in if you weren't already logged in.
A couple of situations I can see offhand.  One is the forwarding that's already been mentioned.  To minimize that problem, the 'login' could be a one-shot with no cookie set, but could still be misused at times.  That could create a secondary complication though where someone decides to change their vote.  Maybe in that case they'd need to contact the owner/mod and request a new 'vote link' (a one-shot sent by the owner/mod)?  This situation is related to the suggestion at https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/29461, though there was never any discussion on it so I don't think it was presented on beta.