moderated Re: Poll participation by non-account holders #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 01:59 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
Help me out here, because I'm not sure how your recommendation solves the problem you state. Let's say there are separate links in the email as you recommend. Let us then say I forward my email to Joe. Joe clicks the link and votes without logging in. That's the same result as in Mark's recommendation.
Yes, this person clicking on a vote in a forwarded message has cast a proxy vote in your name, which is bad (and which I already mentioned here).

But it's not nearly as bad as having him remain logged in, so that he could subsequently change your subscription options, unsubscribe you from groups, post spam, or any other number of nasty things -- with your name attached to it.

Regards,
Bruce