moderated Re: Poll participation by non-account holders #suggestion

Glenn Glazer

On 01/18/2021 10:45, Bruce Bowman wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 01:15 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
At first blush, Bruce's proposal makes sense to me, although I'd just add one change: just make the Vote Now link work the same way as an 'email me a login link' works now. It would automatically log you in if you weren't already logged in.
Mark -- On first sight, I kinda like this, except for the potential for forwarding, and accidentally granting someone else access to your account. Having specifically requested a link to log in, folks are unlikely to forward that email...this is not necessarily true with an ordinary group email, especially if the poll is mixed up with other messages in a digest.

With these things considered I'd still prefer that we provide separate links for each poll response and record the vote that arrives via clicking each link without logging anyone in.

Regards,
Bruce

Bruce,

Help me out here, because I'm not sure how your recommendation solves the problem you state. Let's say there are separate links in the email as you recommend. Let us then say I forward my email to Joe. Joe clicks the link and votes without logging in. That's the same result as in Mark's recommendation.

All that said, as yet another owner of 99% email groups, I strongly approve of this proposal, however it eventually takes shape.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est