moderated Re: Poll participation by non-account holders #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 01:15 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
At first blush, Bruce's proposal makes sense to me, although I'd just add one change: just make the Vote Now link work the same way as an 'email me a login link' works now. It would automatically log you in if you weren't already logged in.
Mark -- On first sight, I kinda like this, except for the potential for forwarding, and accidentally granting someone else access to your account. Having specifically requested a link to log in, folks are unlikely to forward that email...this is not necessarily true with an ordinary group email, especially if the poll is mixed up with other messages in a digest.

With these things considered I'd still prefer that we provide separate links for each poll response and record the vote that arrives via clicking each link without logging anyone in.

Regards,
Bruce