moderated Re: Poll participation by non-account holders #suggestion

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 9:51 AM Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 05:19 PM, Tom U wrote:
Calling me "way off beam" is discouraging of my future engagement.
I said that because of your assertion that your members did not have accounts when in fact they do.

Tom's users don't think they have Groups.io accounts. Whether they technically do or not is not their problem nor concern. They want to participate in a poll, and are having trouble doing so. That's the problem. How best to help them should be the focus.

At first blush, Bruce's proposal makes sense to me, although I'd just add one change: just make the Vote Now link work the same way as an 'email me a login link' works now. It would automatically log you in if you weren't already logged in.