moderated Re: Poll participation by non-account holders #suggestion

Chris Jones

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 05:19 PM, Tom U wrote:
Calling me "way off beam" is discouraging of my future engagement.
I said that because of your assertion that your members did not have accounts when in fact they do.

Further on you wrote: Perhaps, technically, but they don't know that, they have not set a password, they don't want yet-another-account, and I'm not going to tell them to, besides, most would not bother.

Perhaps I am getting old and tetchy but I now have to ask if your members have also avoided setting up accounts with Amazon, ebay, and so on. I find myself rather saddened that people should see setting up an Account with Groups.io as in some way too much trouble. Are they not prepared to put in a little effort so that they can get the best out of Groups.io?

"Saddened" might be better replaced with a slightly stronger feeling but I'll leave it as it is.

Chris