moderated Re: #bug event times in /feed are all 8 hours out #bug

Malcolm Austen

On 15/01/2021 21:08:33, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Malcolm,

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 3:11 AM Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...> wrote:
I'm afraid it isn't fixed for the instance I'm looking at Mark. I tried all the reloads, with <ctrl>, to no avail so when I shut down last night I allowed ccleaner to do a full clear-out of cache and cookies. The issue is still there this morning - one event in the [sogvols] groups scheduled for 15:00 UTC but showing in the feed for UTC logins as being at 07:00.

I checked your account, and you had your timezone set to Pacific time (see https://groups.io/account?page=prefs). I reset that to UTC, and the time listed for that event in the /feed page now matches expectations. Please check and let me know what you see.
Malcolm Austen:
Hi Mark, yes, I set it to PST to check what effect it had on the /feed display. That moved the event to showing as 23:00, now my account is back to UTC, the event shows as 07:00 but the event itself is scheduled for 15:00 UTC.

I just set my own account forward to AWST (Pert, UTC+8) and, sas I expected, the event now shows in /feed at 15:00 bit the calendar view (correctly) shows the event as 23:00.

Sorry Mark, the display doesn't match my expectations :-) whereas the calendar display does.

Malcolm.