Of course you don't need to leave my group, Sara! I am fine with lurkers at the moment.

I'm just pointing out that if the burden falls on owners in the future, nobody could reasonably expect me to pay $4000 a year out of my own pocket to run just one of my groups (I have another group with almost 3000 members, which would also cost a fortune); but i also would not be guaranteed enough sponsorship to ensure that I don't have to pay a large percentage of that $4000. Plus all the additional admin with no benefit to me or my mods.

Therefore i think the simplest solution is that everybody using groups.io pays $5 a year. But YMMV

HTH

Helen