monamouroui

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 07:25 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
In large part that is why I suggested the introduction of a charge per Account in the previous thread on the subject. As then mentioned the sort of charge I was suggesting was in the order of $5 per annum (or its equivalent in other currencies) which (if you think about it) is less than it costs to buy a newspaper every day for a week. Hardly unaffordable I would suggest; Dave mentioned hobby - based groups and $5 per annum is certain to be a great deal less than people spend on their hobbies.
That is fine, but then charge it to everyone. The issue with me is the convoluted idea of having free member slots and paid member slots. Of having badges of "honor" showing who isn't paying and who is will create discord between members. Not to mention the incredible amount of additional work on the owners part.

Either every member pays to participate on a group. Or only owners pay to create, mold and manage a group. I will agree with Dave though, and maybe that won't matter, but you will see the flow of groups slow down with all of the new pricing structures.

But by all means, keep it simple.

Sara