Re: Group Sponsorships #update

monamouroui

Mark,

Thanks. I like your solution. It is a well thought-out and useful feature. I have no issues. I think it will help influence some of us on the fence to convert from a Free/Basic Group to Premium.

Also, it's great we can toggle the sponsorship message off when it's reached the amount needed to help pay for that years access fee. For me it offers a little more transparency so my members won't have doubts or feel a constant pressure to pay.

Sara

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021, 1:05 PM Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi All,

I have just pushed a new group sponsorship feature, based on Shal's and Samuel's proposals. Here are the details:

  • In Group Settings, there's a new Allow Sponsorships checkbox, with the help text Allow members to sponsor the Groups.io fees for the group.