monamouroui

Shal, if you exclude grandfathered groups then the new groups that had to and will continue to have to pay, will be at a disadvantage. So unless Mark is trying to constrain the formation of new groups this is a bad idea. Why would someone join a newly formed group where they would have to pay $2.50/annually when they can search for older groups that would be free to the user?

Sara

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:42 AM Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Scott,

 > If only my current members are grandfathered, a $2.50 user paywall
 > would stop any new members from joining my group. It would die.

Because your group is grandfathered it has an unlimited number of "free
slots". Meaning that no one joining it would face a paywall were the OP
of this topic implemented.

I don't think Mark would implement something like Drew's proposal (full
stop). And certainly not without excluding existing groups from the
requirement that new members face a paywall.

Shal