What happens when a group’s member count is at its free limit, a member pays for a year’s worth of groups.io specifically to get into that group, and  a week, a day, or an hour later the group loses two members, bringimg its count down below the free limit? If this happened in a retail situation the store woukd honor the discounted price (I’m this case, zero).

So it’s another potentially fraught refund situation. People are going to know that there is a charge precisely when a group reaches its free limit. The group’s member count is always displayed on the home page (and if the “free limit” is not also displayed, it will be a simple matter for midt to soon figure it out). So they are going to be aware that they paid to get in, the group has once again become “free,” and they are going to feel that they deserve a refund.

On Jan 12, 2021, at 4:14 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

Leeni,

"I am going to do a search for kitty groups and maybe I can join one for free. Why should I have to pay for XYZ Kitty group when there are others with probably many of the same members that I can join without paying anything."

To me, the alternative (Mark's Pricing Changes alone) does not seem preferable:

"I am going to do a search for kitty groups and maybe I can join one. Why should I have to wait around to see if  XYZ Kitty group ever has an opening when there are others with probably many of the same members that I can join that aren't full."
At least with this Proposal the would-be member has the option.

Shal