Leeni

To add to that..........
"I am going to do a search for kitty groups and maybe I can join one for free. Why should I have to pay for XYZ Kitty group when there are others with probably many of the same members that I can join without paying anything."

-------Original Message-------

From: J_Catlady
Date: 1/12/2021 5:20:29 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Samuel's Paid User Proposal

Glenn gets it right here. And imagine the confusion, if not anger. “I just joined the xyz kitties group, it’s great, highly recommended.” They post this within another group, and members of that group start applying for membership in the fabulous xyz kitties group. But wait! “Hey, I just applied there and had to pay for some general groups.io membership!” “What are you talking about? That didn’t happen to me.” “ Maybe they are rejecting you?” Etc etc etc Multi-person conversation.

On Jan 12, 2021, at 2:51 PM, Glenn Glazer <glenn.glazer@...> wrote:

On 01/12/2021 14:40, J_Catlady wrote:
p.s. You think people don't talk to each other? At least in the cats groups world, and no doubt in other universes as well, people are always yabbing to each other about which group they just joined, which group they recommend, etc.

Relying on people to not conspire with each other is not a safe approach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity

Best,

Glenn

--