Scott Chase

What I am strongly opposed to is a new member payment NOT tied to a specific group, that would be required to even access any groups that are grandfathered, free Basic and/or already sponsored and paid for by owners. Not tying a member payment to a specific group implies that the requirement for a new Groups.io user access fee is system wide.

I have a tiny grandfathered Basic Group that I personally paid $220 to migrate. If any of my current or even future members are forced to pay a user fee in order to just gain access to Groups.io, my free content is then behind a new paywall and my group will die.

None of my members will pay Groups.io a fee to access my group content. Not one of them. I'm OK with encouraging voluntary donations to Mark or donations to owners of premium groups, but I am not OK with any kind of Groups.io paywall that puts all groups behind a ubiquitous system-wide user-access fee.

Scott