On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 08:16 AM, Marina wrote:
I can't surely see myself breaking my head over slots and who can or cannot join my group based on his/her paid membership.
That is the biggest downside to Samuel's proposal IMO. If member fees are tied to specific groups it creates all kinds of problems, most of which probably even aren't predictable. But the predictable ones already mentioned in this thread are bad enough.

Member fees completely unrelated to specific groups (as in Drew's idea); or no member fees, just owner fees (possibly tweaked to make them more acceptable to people) seem unencumbered by endless complications.