monamouroui

Ok, maybe go look at them. I could see about 30 in the new groups search that are definitely from one person. They might have more. Hopefully Mark has something in place that prevents people from selling groups.

Sara

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021, 11:46 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I think most (in fact, all) brand-new groups start out with 1 member.

On Jan 12, 2021, at 8:42 AM, monamouroui <monamouroui@...> wrote:

, go take a look at the "New" groups created over the past couple of weeks since Marks new pricing was announced. Any with 1 member only are place holders getting in on the grandfathered status.

All those people have to do after Jan 18th is offer to sell their group at a discount to what GIO is charging. Mark gets zero, sneaky entrepreneur gets a small income.

Sara

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021, 10:23 AM Samuel Murrayy <samuelmurray@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 03:13 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
As I understand it, in this proposal there's only one price available to a member: $2.50/yr for all the subscriptions they want (maybe there would have to be some cap, but I think it ought to be 10 subscriptions or higher). ... Some people have proposed tiers for paid accounts, maybe even Samuel in other posts (I don't recall)...
Allow me to clarify the $2.50 (I have done so in the original mail, too).  From Mark's new pricing structure I deduced that he would like to earn $0.55 per member per year.  I assumed that most people belong to no more than 2-3 groups (while a relatively very small percentage of people belong to dozens of groups).  And I assumed that a payment portal (e.g. Stripe) is likely to shave off about 50c in transaction fees.  So with this back-of-the-envelope calculations, $2.50 sounded like it could work.

I do not propose nor favour tiers for paid accounts at all.  The $2.50 should be enough to cover all costs.