moderated Re: Subscribers leaving before pricing change #misc

Leeni

That person wrote to my group saying she was leaving and going over to MeWe and gave the link to her group there.
She told my members she was leaving because Groups IO was going to be charging owners who have more then 100 members in their group. What I said to myself, how does my group concern her? Her group only had 13 members at the time. But by writing this to my group, it caused panic. Members were writing to me asking me if I heard anything. Members were leaving thinking they were going to be charged. So to nip it in the bud, I had to say something to my groups, showing them Mark's email as well.

What this woman left out  was that this would be happening after January 18th and all older groups would be grandfathered in.

She left all the IO groups she was in and moved to MeWe. She also told my members to go to MeWe and join her group there.

I wrote to this member and I also wrote to my groups.
Now after she panicked everyone, I see her back in many of the IO groups she left.

Now it is a good time to bring me to the point that if Members are going to end up being charged to belong to a group, many, many, many of them, in the circles I travel,  would leave groups IO and go elsewhere

Leeni