Yes. Totally different.

On Jan 11, 2021, at 8:19 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

J,

The reason Drew’s proposal (although possibly bad for business?) seems ok to me is that it is level. Member fees are not tied to any particular group, ...

"I suggest, therefore, that you create two types of users, namely free users who pay nothing and paying users who pay $2.50 per year.  Free users can only join groups that have free-user slots left over.  Paying users can join an unlimited number of groups without filling up any free-user slots."
-- Samuel's Paid User Proposal, on which Mark based this topic.

Is this different from your understanding of Drew's proposal?

Shal