Samuel,

My idea is not that paying members are "sponsoring" Groups.io.
Me neither.

I used "sponsored" to refer to slots paid for by the group owner (either as part of the base allotment or purchased with a per/member fee). In that sense it is a benevolent sponsoring of those members by the group.

The members that pay Groups.io for their account also need a word. "Paid account" is most accurate, but I also suggested "sustaining" or "at large". Not very happy with or wedded to any of the terms I've thought of so far for members with paid accounts.

Shal