txercoupemuseum.org

We need to keep our eyes on "the ball” here.  Groups.oi serves OWNERS.  Group owners, serve their subscribers.

Group owners should know that their provider can and will implement changes as necessary for a platform to remain viable, or even make a profit.  There are the “natural prerequisites" of ownership.  Any and all expectations to the contrary are simply irrelevant.

I, for one, have never contemplated my members joining other groups.  Most of them see no difference whatsoever in being in Groups.io as opposed to being in Yahoo groups, and that’s fine with me.

Best!

WRB

—

On Jan 9, 2021, at 5:22 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

My interpretation is that the grandfathering would immediately cease to be in effect because the new proposal affects all group members. Even if a group itself is grandfathered in, members may have to start paying to join other groups. Nobody who created a groups.io account thought that was going to happen.

On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:30 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 03:02 PM, billsf9c wrote:
Grandfathering, once in place, cannot end without the Grandad itself - IO proper, ending
I was thinking more along the lines of a company acquiring GIO.  There are many cases of major changes when a new company is in charge of a business.  Just look at Yahoo, from the time Mark sold groups to them to where they ended up.