My interpretation is that the grandfathering would immediately cease to be in effect because the new proposal affects all group members. Even if a group itself is grandfathered in, members may have to start paying to join other groups. Nobody who created a groups.io account thought that was going to happen.

On Jan 9, 2021, at 2:30 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 03:02 PM, billsf9c wrote:
Grandfathering, once in place, cannot end without the Grandad itself - IO proper, ending
I was thinking more along the lines of a company acquiring GIO.  There are many cases of major changes when a new company is in charge of a business.  Just look at Yahoo, from the time Mark sold groups to them to where they ended up.