moderated Re: Samuel's Paid User Proposal #suggestion

In my business, if someone has already paid me for something and then I am the one to fire them, I think it's only ethical to give them a refund. I think it would be clearly unethical for a member to pay for a year's worth of a group, get kicked out, and not get their money back.

The more I think about it, the more I think that I would not stay in groups.io if members were forced to pay. If I understand the proposal correctly, this would affect all members of all groups, and the grandfathering would be toast. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 7:16 AM J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Here's another problem if members rather than owners are the ones who pay: what happens to the member's payment if and when a member is removed and/or banned from a group? What happens if that was their only group vs. if they are in more than one group? What if they have only been in the group for a very small part of the year vs. the whole year? How is the communication handled between the group owner and groups.io in case there has to be a refund?
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.