And by the way, if implemented, Samuel’s proposal (and in fact, any proposal in which members, rather than group owners, have to pay) woukd affect the entire system, not just groups created after the grandfather days. Members could or would be confronted with a tangled mish-mosh of different types of groups: grandfathered vs nog grandfathered.

I think the worst feature of any proposal wherein members, rather than owners, pay is actually that. The new structure affects 100% of the membership, old as well as new. Essentially nothing and nobody is untouched. The grandfathering doesn’t really affect anything.

On Jan 8, 2021, at 3:04 AM, J_Catlady via groups.io <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

I have to agree with Dave. Way too complicated. I recommended groups.io to someone a few days ago. I unfortunately and reluctantly have to say that with things getting so complicated, I will have to rethink that. Or maybe tell people to rush and get their group in before the grandfather date.