Samuel Murrayy

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 12:02 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
All of the below pertain to when the group has reached 100:
(I assume they also pertain to when a premium group reaches its free-member cap.)

-Is the group owner supposed, or is groups.io going, to maintain a wait list?
I think the waiting list should simply be a useful way for the group owner to see and keep track who had tried to join and may still be willing to join, or who used to be joined as a paying member but then stopped paying.

I don't think its a good idea for people to automatically move from the waiting list to subscription status (e.g. when a free slot opens up).  The group owner should be notified when free slots have opened up (and have been open for, say, at least 7 days), but then it's up to the group owner to decide what he wants to do, and he would have to do it manually.  For example, he could go to the waiting list page, select a member and then either add them directly, send them an invite, or send them a personal message first.

Group owners who are even a little bit organised should be able to maintain a "waiting list" offline :-) But having a waiting list on Groups.io would certainly help group owners keep track of people who had wanted to join.

(Also my original suggestion for the waiting list included the option that people on the waiting list would be allowed to view messages on the web, in case of a group with restricted archives).

Samuel