Samuel Murrayy

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 02:25 AM, JohnF wrote:
Oh, one more thing: What happens if someone pays expecting to get into a particular group, then can't get in for whatever reason (not approved), and gets mad?
My immediately idea for a solution was: an e.g. 30-day (or 90-day) risk-free no-questions cancellation period.  However, then I remembered that with Groups.io, new member applications are silently dropped after 14 days (unsuccessful applicants are not informed that they were not added to the list, nor are they told that the reason why they were not added was purely because of moderator tardiness or owner absenteeism).  This means that a person who bought membership on the assumption that he'd be allowed in would not be notified on time that he needs to cancel his membership.

It must be considered whether this suggested system would potentially increase the number of support requests, especially if those tickets are worth only $2.50 each.

Samuel