moderated Re: Combination of "hashtags required" and "messages moderated" sometimes causes posts to disappear #bug

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 10:41 AM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Mark -- The following bug was recently reported by a user in GMF ( https://groups.io/g/Group_Help/message/1870 ).

If you require hashtags in the group and an incoming email does not meet those criteria, the message is held as a Draft until that person logs in and corrects the subject line. But if the message is also supposed to be moderated, it does not go into moderation after being fixed, nor does it bypass moderation and post. It simply disappears.

This occurs whether the message originated from a regular Member or an Owner. I've confirmed this with the following settings:
Spam Control > Message Moderation > All messages are moderated
Message Policies > Hashtags Required
Message Policies > Hashtag Permissions > Messages from members can only be tagged with existing hashtags, otherwise the message is bounced

I was never happy about the code involved with handling messages that we needed to reject/have edited because of hashtag issues. So I've changed the policy. Instead of storing a message that requires a change in the subject because of group hashtag policies, we now just bounce it back to the sender, like we do in other instances (messages to groups from non-members, for example). This should prevent any weird corner cases, like I believe what was being seen above.

Thanks,
MarkĀ