locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Drew

On 12/31/20 17:36, Chris Jones via groups.io wrote:
On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 09:27 PM, Drew wrote:
Up to 3 groups: FREE
4 to 10 groups: $5.00/yr
More than 10 groups: $10.00/yr
Superficially attractive, certainly. but it includes a major flaw.
I have 2 email addresses immediately available, and I could set up 4 or 5 more without it costing me anything. That would immediately give me access to 20 or so groups without it costing me a single, solitary, bean.
A large portion of the hand-holding that our group owners do is untangling the mess that subscribers cause for themselves by using multiple email addresses, not knowing which they are posting from and why they keep receiving individual messages after they (think) they have switched to digest, etc., etc.

I'm sure some would be able to set up their multiple email addresses for multiple groups in order to avoid the $5 or $10 per year fee, and manage to keep it all straight but, really? To save $10 per year????

Drew