locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Mike Hanauer

Many, perhaps most, business owners are out to please, business schools often say delight, their stake holders. For GIO, this is users and moderators. I only learned of the price and feature changes 2 weeks ago. I am concerned.

GIO has a survey function!! Has it been used to survey stakeholders?

Most businesses need to make some profit. And, most businesses have a mission statement that deals with broader issues. Does GIO have a mission statement? Perhaps even a Board of Directors or Steering Committee to provided diverse opinions to such matters? Yes, this forum may be it, but it is limited, not generally known, and perhaps not really representative of the big picture and future considerations.

AllTheBest.

Consider Better, not Bigger. So many advantages. Just ask. USA adds a Chicago to our overpop each year.
"Still more population growth is not our way to a healthy community, a healthy planet, OR enjoyable cycling."

    ~Mike

On Sunday, January 3, 2021, 03:25:50 PM EST, ro-esp <ro-esp@...> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 01:37 PM, Tom Madden wrote:

> > 4. Mark’s expenses, what he needs to charge, and what he feels is a fair
> > return for his efforts, are none of our business.

Mark thinks it is, that's why this thread exists. Of course he can charge whatever he likes, but if he doesn't manage to find enough people willing to invest thousands of dollars in his one-man (!)  operation, and will have to either shut down the service or demand payment from all owners/group-members, it will be our business.

It would be nice (and useful for advertising purposes) to know how big groups.io is, like number of groups, number of moderators, number of users, number of messages, number of cancelled groups...

It would also be nice if we could invest a modest amount of money to get things going and finance some continuity.

                                                groetjes/ĝis, Ronaldo