moderated Re: Gray out option for mods to receive notifications without the corresponding permissions #suggestion

Andy Wedge

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 02:28 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
The mod needs access, at least in part, to their OWN notification options.
Part of the issue here is that there does not appear to be a direct correlation between the Mod Privileges and the Notifications.  Part of the logic I think you are requesting is in place as if the Approve Pending Message permission is set then the Pending Messages option appears in the Mod Notifications panel (and is removed if the permission is unchecked).  Which notifications would apply though for permission Manage Subgroups (for example) or even Modify Group Settings?

While I can understand the approach you are suggesting, until there is a clear option for an owner to give a Mod the ability to receive certain notifications I think it would be best if they had nothing unless they have 'Set Moderator Privileges'.

Regards
Andy