locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Chris Jones

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 03:33 PM, Jeremy H wrote:
The absence of 'free to owner', basic, groups will make groups.io poorer.
Particularly so if a group's membership looks like exceeding the 100 member limit, and it is worth remembering that it is a hard limit; the only way to enable an increase is to convert to Premium which is likely to represent a major barrier. There is no proposed incremental pricing mechanism available to free groups.

I may be wrong (in fact I hope I am) but IMHO there is a significant risk that the Law of Unintended Consequences will come into play at some point in the future; it is unlikely to be immediate unless there is a speculative rush to create new free groups before the new regime starts on the off - chance of possible later repurposing.

Chris