locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Tom,

Here are a few thoughts that clarified things for me…..
All good, except:

2. This group was set up to avoid swamping the GMF. Given the number
of posts, that was a wise move.
That one is almost exactly backwards.

It is Group_Help and GMF that serve in part to avoid swamping beta, beginning when beta got too busy for Mark to keep up with.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/2268338

That appeal was only temporarily successful, and Mark had to reiterate it a time or two. Ultimately (so far) the Guidelines were introduced to clarify and structure topics in beta:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/guidelines

The intent is that beta should be reserved for topics that only Groups.io (Mark) can act on (#bugs & #suggestions, primarily). The pricing structure, of course, falls squarely in the "only Groups.io can act on" category.

Group_Help and GMF act as user-to-user support for questions that a hive mind of knowledgeable users can answer. You know, until a sufficiently strong general AI comes along. I agree with what Mark Murphy and others have said: advice and opinion on coping with the pricing structure, as a group owner or a group member, falls into this category.

Shal