locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Peter Cook

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 04:37 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
it can fairly be inferred that in Mark's view making money is necessary in support of developing and supplying the service, not the other way around.
Shal, I was being glib, of course, and I'm not inferring any particular purpose or set of values on Mark's part based on this thread. What I should have said is simply that it's been obvious for quite some time that groups.io is moving in the direction of being a profitable enterprise. And - speaking as a businessman, an investor, and a capitalist - Mark deserves to have it be profitable. It's an extraordinary service, the only one of its kind, really, and the result of a great deal of ongoing investment.

Pete