locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Chris Jones

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 07:58 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
It's a huge disincentive and might destroy the business altogether.
It would be, but a simple solution would be to give every new account holder a 12 month grace period before any charge applies. In addition, I think the amount charge could be very modest; with the number of individual "Poster IDs" that are on record a $5 annual charge would bring in in excess of $20,000,000, unless I have miscounted somewhere.

I don't know what Amazon charges for a Prime account in the US but in the UK the charge is more than that per month.

I value what Groups.io has to offer and want it to be on a sound financial footing. IMHO voluntary donations simply won't generate anywhere near enough revenue.

Chris