moderated Re: Include Email Aliases in Member List #suggestion

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 01:27 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
... Failing that, if you attempt to invite or direct add an aliased address, the error message could say something more helpful, along the lines of "already a member (as an alias of xx@ yy.com)."

I'd vote for that as the primary suggestion. Then the moderator wouldn't have to search for it.

That would be the quickest one to implement as well so I second that.  And I guess even if it'd probably be implied, save an Activity Log entry as well, so the display error message displayed wouldn't be just transient, but also searchable for troubleshooting purposes if need be.

As for possibly adding something in the Member List, Bruce's suggestion of a "[Has] Aliases" badge would be a quick and easy option, display that badge for the addresses that have aliases and when one hovers over the badge, display the alias list.  Or instead, possibly enhancing Searching Member List could also help by allowing to search for the alias and return you the actual member's account it belongs to.

Cheers,
Christos