moderated Connect past deleted-account member history with current if resubscribed under same email address #suggestion

A past member of my group just resubscribed after a number of years under the same email address. Usually when this happens, the member's history comes back automatically. But in this case, it's blank, which I'm assuming/guessing is because in the past members page, her account shows as "Deleted Account." I can find the member's history by clicking on "Deleted Account," which is somewhat helpful, but it is not, as is usually the case, connected with the new membership.

Is it possible to resurrect history in a resubscription under the same email address, as usually happens, even when the member left due to deleting their account? The history is still there, but is just not hooked up to the email address.