moderated Re: Add ability to reply to specific message #suggestion

You can make it clear what message you're responding to quoting all or part of it. To do that from the site, simply copy the section you want to quote into your browser and then click "Reply." Your quoted text will automatically be pasted into the top of your response, with an attribution referencing the author of that message.

I don't think anything in particular needs, or even should, be done to implement the request beyond what already exists. I think it could actually cause confusion.