locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Chris Jones

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 10:53 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I don't believe that relying on donations is the way to go, and I won't be pursuing that. Also, I don't see how changing the pricing structure for future groups could be considered a 'bait and switch'.
Neither do I in both cases. My own preference is for Ken Schweizer's suggestion to be at least considered, i.e. making individual account holders liable for a subscription. I know that some have already written against that idea and I can understand why you might be reluctant to go down that route but given that a $5 per annum charge would raise a great deal of income for Groups.io and put it in a much more secure financial position; far more "future proof" than the current arrangements.

I'll set out more reasoning tomorrow as it's 2300 UK time and I need my sleep!

Chris