locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

If I go wayyyyyyyy back in time, like to the 1980s, I was a member of several bulletin board systems, accessed by dial-up modem. They had to pay for phone service, quite a lot if they were a multi-line system, and to defray the cost of that, they asked for donations. Donating got a member special perks, like extra time online, access to special sections, or a tag by their name showing their support.

What if, in exchange for $20/year as an individual, I could join any group that would have me and not count toward their member limit? So even if a basic group was packed with 100 non-paying members, I could still join it. A premium group would not have to pay 55 cents per year for me. Something like that would not be a "donation", where the person gets no individual benefit over someone who does not donate, nor would it be a mandatory fee,

If there are any other special perks that could be given to paying members, that would be nice, but I don't have any ideas what those might be at the moment.

Just one more idea.

JohnF