locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Donald Hellen

Janice . . .

On Fri, 25 Dec 2020 09:26:49 -0700, "Janice" <jbahrt@gmail.com> wrote:

Could there be a Groups.io with ads option to eliminate or reduce the cost for those needing that consideration? The default would be Groups.io without ads and a higher cost per such groups. Groups willing to suffer through ads could opt out of the default and keep their costs down.
I wondered about this too but it would only work if the members had to
get their messages at the group web site and not by email.

Yes, ads could be put in the posts emailed out to members but those
aren't as catchy as the ones on a web site, and some email clients,
like the one I use, don't render the HTML formatting in a message
unless I allow it to, as a security precaution. Ads would probably not
be effective at all in plain text.

Donald -- AD8DY
Formerly KJ3I