moderated Re: Calendar issue - ICS shows something other than the UI #bug

Hi Ry,

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 12:57 PM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
To get the python code to not display the deleted events, I had to change the DTSTART field of the event; changing it from the first instance of that event to one that coincides with the first deleted event.

In reading the spec, it's not clear if this is needed; in my reading of the spec it seems to imply that the DTSTART field should not be modified:

The "EXDATE" property can be used to exclude the value specified in "DTSTART". However, in such cases, the original "DTSTART" date MUST still be maintained by the calendaring and scheduling system because the original "DTSTART" value has inherent usage dependencies by other properties such as the "RECURRENCE-ID".

So I'm inclined to say that the python code is wrong....

And now, for whatever reason, my fastmail calendar: https://user.fm/calendar/v1-ed6b298fe31d41e47eeff58a3f84f2d9/Hyperledger%20Public%20Calendar.ics contains the correct data.

especially in light of Fastmail interpreting it correctly. Also, I imported the ICS feed into GCal, which interpreted it correctly. Then I exported an ICS feed from GCal, and the DTSTART date was the original one, and the EXDATEs matched what I generated.

Please let me know if you see any other weirdness.