locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Of course. But we’re talking about a workaround to a workaround to a bad idea (IMO) in the first place. The whole debate is just an intellectual one anyway. None of this is going to happen.

On Dec 20, 2020, at 10:36 AM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 10:52 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Groups.io would presumably track the IP address.
IP tracking is inherently unreliable.  Anyone that has a dynamic address may have a different one every time they connect.  That's most of the world since there are a finite number of public IP addresses available.  IPV6 helps, but there are still many sites/browsers/etc. that are limited to using IPV4.