locked Re: receiving my own copy of messages, that can't be disabled? Why!

Any group that did that to me would immediately lose me as a member. I belong
to a lot of mailing lists and find it much more convenient and quicker to
simply read all my emails in date/time sequence, regardless of source, than to
have to visit lote of different web sites to see what, if anything, has been
posted, quite apart from the problem of remembering them all in order to do so.
I haven't had a problem with getting my own messages back, so I know they have
gone through.

Jim Fisher

On 5 May 2015 at 23:12, @Jed_Stuart wrote:

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 04:00 am, Trish wrote:

Agreed. It's very nice to get verification the messages have gone through. Most
of my group members are not tech savvy and few go to the actual group site to
view messages there, so getting a copy back is the only way >they know for sure
the group members got their message. Without this feature, we would constantly
be getting extra messages asking if anyone saw their post.
That seems to be an ever present problem. I have many times made a post to a
Yahoo group and had it not arrive at the groups webpage and seen posts there
that did not get through to my mailbox.  This became so frustrating that I
always now post and read on the groups webpage, however I still cannot be sure
people have received it. The solution seems to be to have all group members
using the webpage and forget unreliable email, the same way that many people use
other online forums.   I think it would be good to have an option for a group
owner to be able to turn off email in and out for the group. People would get
used to that quickly and there would be much less confusion.
--
http://www.jimella.me.uk - my personal web site covering many subjects
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom