locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

Dan Halbert

I recently helped move a group of parents of special-needs children from Yahoo Groups to groups.io. The groups has been in existence since 2001, so many of those original children have grown up, but the parents never unsubscribed. Many of them I believe created @yahoo.com addresses solely to subscribe to the group. When we sent out groups.io invitations to the ~880 members, over 270 of those bounced as inactive or invalid email addresses. Ultimately about 110 accepted the invitations, after multiple prompts.

If we had to move to Premium, I assume we'd use the Donations mechanism to round up some contributions, but yes, it would be nice if this was automated in some way.