locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

toki

On 18/12/2020 14:58, ro-esp wrote:
On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 11:55 PM, M K Ramadoss wrote:

I suggest that "If you are legally recognized as a non-profit organization" be
reworded as

"If you are a non-profit organization tax exempt underĀ  IRC Sec 501(c)(3) and
other sections"
and once again, a USAmerican doesn't grasp the concept "rest of the world"...
And once more, a non-USAmerican fails to understand the huge difference between what 501(3)(c) status means, and what non-profit status means, under US law.

To be snarky, I'll point out that IKEA is, in Europe, a non-profit organisation, but in the US it emphatically does not have 501(3)(c) status.

Phrasing it as "non -profit organization with 501(3)(c) status, or the functional equivalent in the country in which the organization is legally incorporated and domiciled" would be more appropriate wording.

Mark might have to rewrite the criteria for qualifying for the educational discount, because accreditation is not dependent upon 501(3)(c) status. (Most accredited educational institutions in the US are not 501(3)(c) entities.)

jonathon