locked Re: Pricing Changes #update

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 1:48 PM Samuel Murrayy <samuelmurray@...> wrote:
Mark is, of course, free to do what he wants, but by capping free groups at 100 members he is essentially saying "no more free groups".  In most groups that I participate in, only 5-10% of members actively post, so "100 members" really means "5-10 members posting".  And one jiggabyte of storage sounds insane to me.  A 2000 member limit with 50 MB of storage would have made more sense.  But I'm not a techie -- perhaps that is the way modern pricing works: storage is cheap and signaling is expensive... is that right?
_._,_._,_

The average number of subscribers to each free group on Groups.io is 85. I don't know what the median is, but I suspect it's significantly lower than that.

I do appreciate all the feedback, please keep it coming.